Powerful 6-bay NAS designed for work-intensive businesses
Our Price: $1,501.00
Synology DiskStation DS3018xs provides a reliable and powerful network attached storage solution for small and medium businesses. As the storage can be supercharged with the optional M.2 SSD adapter card for dual SSD as cache, it is the ideal solution for simplifying data management and planning virtualization deployment. Synology DS3018xs is backed with Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
- Powerful 6-bay NAS optimized for dataintensive applications in small and medium business
- Ultra-high performance of over 2,231 MB/s sequential reading and 265,000 sequential IOPS reading
- Dual-core CPU with AES-NI and 8GB (up to 32GB) DDR4 ECC SO-DIMM RAM
- PCIe 3.0 slot for optional 10GbE add-on card or M2D17 adapter card3 for dual M.2 SSD as cache
- Four built-in 1GbE (RJ-45) ports supporting failover and Link Aggregation
- Scalable up to 30 drives with two DX1215 expansion units
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Backed with SRS, Synology's nextbusiness-day replacement service
Synology DS3018xs is a brand new 6-bay network attached storage solution with exceptional performance and flexible scalability. It can be installed with an optional 10GbE network card, thereby delivering over 2,231 MB/s sequential reading and 265,000 sequential read IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration in a 10GbE environment1. DS3018xs is powered by a dual-core 2.2 GHz processor with a boost frequency of 2.6 GHz and backed by 8GB RAM, which is expandable up to 32GB.
DS3018xs supports up to 30 drives with two Synology DX12152 expansion units, allowing you to start small and easily scale up on demand. In addition to 10GbE add-on cards, which can upgrade the network capacity of DS3018xs, the PCIe slot also supports the optional PCIe M.2 SSD adapter card M2D173 for dual M.2 SSD slots to function as SSD cache for greatly enhanced storage performance without using the 3.5" drive bays.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS3018xs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses:
- Windows AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS3018xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
- MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages.
- With Synology Office, Calendar and Chat, the powerful Collaboration Suite allows secure and efficient private communications as well as content organization that your business can easily manage and control.
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager opens up abundant possibilities, allowing you to set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM. You can also test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS3018xs without spending extra cost for deployment and maintenance.
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. DS3018xs responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers and that your services remain online in the event of unexpected disasters.
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerized application data remain safe and available when disasters happen.
- Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
High-performance NAS server with scaling flexibility
Powered by a dual-core processor with AES-NI hardware encryption engine, Synology DiskStation DS3018xs is a brand new 6-bay NAS that comes with a PCIe slot and can be installed with a 10GbE network interface card or a dual M.2 SSD adapter card. SSD cache support enhances network speeds and boosts performance, allowing DS3018xs to meet data-intensive requirements.
Supercharge your storage with speedy performance
Equipped with dual-channel memory and a PCIe slot, DS3018xs supports installing the dual M.2 SSD adapter card, M2D17, or the 10GbE NIC, for high-IOPS system cache and ultra-fast data transmission respectively.
Dual M.2 SATA SSD slot, compatible with 2280/2260/2242 form factors
10GbE network capacity for bandwidth intensive environments
Note: M2D17 and 10GbE Network adapter card need to be purchased separately.
Next-generation file system for better data protection
The Btrfs file system introduces advanced storage technologies and optimized snapshots to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead. While ensuring high-level data integrity, it also offers flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
- File or folder level data restoration makes data recovery fast and flexible
- Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
Fully certified storage virtualization solutions
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate. OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Digital asset protection
Powered by Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), Synology NAS offers advanced security measures to protect against sudden data loss and potential security holes.
- Security Advisor
Analyzes system settings, password strength, network preferences, and removes any possible malware.
A kernel-level enhancement that blocks malicious programs from accessing unauthorized system resources.
- AES 256-bit encryption
Encrypt shared folders and network data transmission to keep data from unauthorized access.
- 2-step verification
Prevent others from logging in to your DSM by generating a one-time password (OTP) on your mobile device.
- Trust Level
Customize the trust level in Package Center to avoid installing packages from untrusted sources, safeguarding your NAS from unknown or tampered package files.
5 year warranty
Synology's 5-year limited warranty provides hardware replacement and technical support via email and telephone services, maximizing your enterprises' return on investment.
Powered by Synology DSM
Manage multiple Synology NAS servers simultaneously on a centralized interface to increase business efficiency.
Secure, reliable, and private mail server solution with an intuitive and modern mail client.
Synology High Availability
Ensures seamless service transition between clustered servers in the event of a server failure.
Collaborate together on spreadsheets and documents on your own private cloud.
Provides schedulable and instantaneous data protection for shared folders and virtual machines on iSCSI LUNs in the event of disaster.
Comprehensive built-in security tools are constantly updated to tackle evolving threats and protect your devices.
- Status indicator
- Alert indicator
- Drive status indicator
- Drive tray lock
- Power button and indicator
- LAN indicator
- USB 3.0 port
- Power port
- Kensington Security Slot
- Expansion port
- 1GbE RJ-45 port
- PCIe 3.0 slot
- USB 3.0 port
- Reset button
|CPU Model||Intel Pentium D1508|
|CPU Frequency||Dual Core 2.2 GHz 2.2 (base) / 2.6 (turbo) GHz|
|Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)|
|System Memory||8 GB DDR4 ECC SO-DIMM|
|Memory Module Pre-installed||8GB (1 x 8GB)|
|Total Memory Slots||2|
|Memory Expandable up to||32 GB (16 GB x 2)|
|Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit||30|
|Compatible Drive Type||
|Maximum Internal Raw Capacity||60 TB (10 TB drive x 6) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units||300 TB (10 TB drive x 30) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Maximum Single Volume Size||
|Hot Swappable Drive|
|RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port||4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)|
|USB 3.0 Port||3|
|PCIe Expansion||1 x Gen3 x8 slot (x8 link)|
|Notes||exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.|
|Size (Height X Width X Depth)||166 mm x 282 mm x 243 mm|
|System Fan||92 mm x 92 mm x 2 pcs|
|Fan Speed Mode||
|Easy Replacement System Fan|
|Brightness adjustable front LED indicators|
|Noise Level*||25.5 dB(A)|
|Scheduled Power On/Off|
|Wake on LAN/WAN|
|Power Supply Unit / Adapter||250W|
|AC Input Power Voltage||100V to 240V AC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz, Single Phase|
|Power Consumption*||126.89 W (Access)
56.92 W (HDD Hibernation)
|British Thermal Unit||433.27 BTU/hr (Access)
194.35 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Networking protocol||SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP)|
|Supported RAID type||RAID Group, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID F1|
|File sharing capability||
|Privilege||Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege|
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere 6, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix, OpenStack|
|Directory service||Windows AD integration: Domain users login via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration|
|Security||Firewall, Encryption shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, Rsync over SSH, Login auto block, Let's Encrypt support, HTTPS (Customizable cipher suite)|
|Supported client||Windows 7 onward, Mac OS X 10.11 onwards|
|Supported browser||Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10 onwards, Safari 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android 6.0 onwards) on tablets|
|Interface language||English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar, Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český|
|Packages and Applications:|
|File Station||Virtual drive, remote folder, Windows ACL editor, compressing/extracting archived files, bandwidth control for specific users or groups, creating sharing links, transfer logs|
|FTP Server||Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocol, boot over the network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs|
|Universal Search||Offer global search into applications and files|
|Hyper Backup||Support local backup, network backup, and backup data to public clouds|
|Active Backup for Server||Centralize data backup for Windows and Linux servers without client installation|
|Backup tool||DSM configuration backup, macOS Time Machine support, Cloud Station Backup
Shared folder sync - maximum task number: 16
|Cloud Station Suite||Sync your data between multiple platforms by installing the client utilities on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS devices, while retaining up to 32 historical versions of files
Maximum concurrent file transfer: 2,000
|Cloud Sync||One or two-way synchronization with public cloud storage providers including Amazon Drive, Amazon S3-compatible storage, Baidu cloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, MegaDisk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStack Swift-compatible storage, WebDAV servers, Yandex Disk|
|Surveillance Station||Maximum IP camera: 75 (total of 2,250 FPS at 720p, H.264) (Includes two free camera licenses; additional cameras require the purchasing of additional licenses)|
|Virtual Machine Manager||Deploy and run various virtual machines on Synology NAS, including Windows, Linux, or Virtual DSM|
|High Availability Manager||Reduce service downtime by setting up two identical NAS into one high-availability cluster|
|Active Directory Server||Provide a flexible and cost-effective domain controller solution|
|CMS||Provide a single interface to manage and monitor multiple Synology NAS|
|VPN Server||Maximum connection: 30, supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec|
|MailPlus Server||Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with high-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (Includes 5 free email account licenses; additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)|
|MailPlus||Intuitive webmail interface for MailPlus Server, customizable mail labels, filters, and user interface|
|Note Station||Rich-text note organization and versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding and attachments|
|Storage Analyzer||Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, largest/most/least frequently modified files|
|Security Advisor||Malware detection/removal, user account/password, network, system-related security scan|
|Antivirus Essential||Full system scan, scheduled scan, white list customization, virus definition auto update|
|Download Station||Supported download protocols: BT, HTTP, FTP, NZB, eMule, Thunder, FlashGet, QQDL
Maximum concurrent download task: 80
|Web Station||Virtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP / MariaDB, third-party applications support|
|Other packages||Video Station, Photo Station, Audio Station, DNS Server, RADIUS Server, iTunes Server, Log Center, third-party packages available on Package Center|
|iOS/Android applications||DS audio, DS cam, DS cloud, DS file, DS finder, DS get, DS note, DS photo, DS video, MailPlus|
|Windows Phone applications||DS audio, DS file, DS finder, DS get, DS photo, DS video|
|Environment & Packaging:|
*Model specifications are subject to change without notice. Please refer to www.synology.com for the latest information.
1 Performance figures may vary depending on environment, usage and configuration.
2 DS3018xs supports up to two Synology DX1215, sold separately.
2 DS3018xs supports dual M.2 SSD through M2D17 adapter card, sold separately.
3 exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center
Synology strives to enhance the performance of our NAS with every software update, even long after a product is launched. For enterprises and users that demand uncompromising performance from their servers, check the figures below to find the most suitable choice.
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Sequential Throughput (64KB)
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Sequential Throughput via Encrypted Shared Folder (64KB)
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Sequential IOPS (4KB)
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Random IOPS (4KB)
10GbE iSCSI - Random IOPS (4KB)
1GbE Web Server - HTML Response Efficiency
|Responses per second||206844.45||206230.02||206829.64||206029.56||203557.34||207195.69||203230.31||154099.02|
1GbE Web Server - PHP Response Efficiency
|Responses per second||59770.68||82017.29||94612.93||82507.9||60403.53||59953.64||57127.87||31322.65|
- Operating System: DSM 6.1
- Volume Type: RAID 5
- RC18015xs+ with RXD1215sas, RS18017xs+: Fully loaded with HGST HUSMH8020BSS200 SAS SSD
- DS3018xs: Fully loaded with Intel DC S3710 series 800GB SSDSC2BA800G4 SATA SSD
- Other models: Fully loaded with Intel 535 series 240GB SSDSC2BW240H6 SSD
- RS18017xs+: 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (16GB x 2)
- RS4017xs+, RS3617xs+, RS3617RPxs: 16GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM (8GB x 2)
- DS3018xs: 32GB DDR4 ECC SO-DIMM (16GB x 2)
- Other models: System default capacity
- File System: Btrfs
- Aggregated 10GbE SMB and 10GbE iSCSI network environment:
- RS18017xs+, RS4017xs+, RS3617xs+: 6 x 10GbE ports (built-in 10GbE ports + 2 x Intel X540-T2 NIC); MTU 9000; connected to client PCs via Netgear M4300-24X24F switch
- RS3617RPxs, RS3617xs: 4 x 10GbE ports (2 x Intel X520-DA2 NIC); MTU 9000; connected to client PCs via Juniper QFX5100-48S-AFO switch
- RC18015xs+, DS3617xs, DS3018xs: 2 x 10GbE ports (1 x Intel X520-DA2 NIC); MTU 9000; connected to client PCs via Juniper QFX5100-48S-AFO switch
- For RS18017xs+, RS4017xs+, RS3617xs+: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz; 4GB DDR3-1600; Synology E10G17-F2 NIC; MTU 9000; Windows 7 64 bit
- For other models: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz; 4GB DDR3-1600; Intel X520-DA2 NIC; MTU 9000; Windows 7 64 bit
- IOMeter configuration: Continuously read from/write to a single 16GB file for 3 minutes; Block size: 64KB for SMB, 4KB for IOPS and iSCSI
- 1GbE Web Server Network Environment:
- Intel Core i7-6700 3.40GHz; 16GB DDR4-2133; Intel Gigabit CT; MTU 1500; Ubuntu 16.04
- (html) wrk -t 8 -c [10-250] -d 60s -H "Host: benchmark" http://DS_IP/index.html
- (php) wrk -t 8 -c [10-250] -d 60s -H "Host: benchmark"http://DS_IP/echo.php
- Performance figures are achieved in the Synology lab by using very powerful client computers with optimized network settings, and could vary in different environments. Regular office desktop or notebook computers may not be able to reproduce these figures.
Download the Synology DiskStation DS3018xs Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $1,501.00