Powerful and scalable 4-bay NAS for growing businesses
Our Price: $690.00
Synology DiskStation DS918+ is a 4-bay NAS designed for small and medium-sized businesses and IT enthusiasts. Powered by a new quad-core processor, DS918+ provides outstanding performance and data encryption acceleration along with real-time transcoding of 4K Ultra HD source contents. Synology DS918+ is backed by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
- Powerful and scalable 4-bay NAS for growing businesses
- Encrypted sequential throughput at over 225 MB/s reading and 221 MB/s writing
- Quad-core processor with AES-NI hardware encryption engine
- 4GB DDR3L-1866 memory, expandable up to 8GB
- Dedicated M.2 NVMe SSD slots for system cache support
- Dual 1GbE LAN with failover and Link Aggregation support
- Scalable up to 9 drives with Synology DX517
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Dual-channel H.265/H.264 4K video transcoding on the fly
High-speed Scalable Storage Server
Synology DS918+ is a 4-bay network attached storage solution equipped with an quad-core processor and 4GB DDR3L memory (expandable up to 8GB). With Link Aggregation enabled, DS918+ delivers great sequential throughput performance at over 226 MB/s reading and 222 MB/s writing. With AES-NI hardware accelerated encryption, DS918+ delivers encrypted data throughput at over 225 MB/s reading and 221 MB/s writing. DS918+ newly supports M.2 NVMe 2280 SSDs, allowing fast system cache creation without occupying internal drive bays.
DS918+ can support up to 9 drives when connected to one Synology DX5172 expansion unit. Storage capacity can be expanded according to your business needs with minimal effort.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS418play introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Built-in data integrity check detects data and file system corruption with data and meta-data checksums and improve the overall stability.
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control over all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system can auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS918+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for small or growing businesses:
- Windows AD and LDAP support allow easy integration with existing business directory services, without needing to recreate user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS918+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and Synology File Station, a web-based file explorer. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
- MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages.
- The powerful Collaboration Suite integrates Synology Office, Calendar, and Chat, ensuring secure and effective private communications and allowing your organizations to easily manage and control relevant contents.
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager opens up abundant possibilities, allowing you to set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM. You can also test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS918+ with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs.
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most of the virtualization solutions, enhancing work efficiency with an intuituve management interface. VMware vSphere 6.5 and VAAI integration help offload storage operations and optimize computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate, while OpenStack Cinder support transforms your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
4K Ultra HD Multimedia Library
Synology DiskStation DS918+ features real-time transcoding for up to 2 channels of H.264/H.265 4K videos at the same time, bringing more powerful support to the latest multimedia formats and contents. With Video Station, you can organize personal digital video library with comprehensive media information, and watch 4K Ultra HD movies and films. The intuitive design of Photo Station allows you to effortlessly organize photos into customized categories, smart albums and blog posts, and link them to social networking websites within a few clicks. Audio Station comes with Internet radio and lossless audio formats support, and provides music playback via DLNA and AirPlay-compliant devices.
High-speed scalable storage server
Synology DS918+ is designed for small and medium-sized businesses and IT enthusiasts. With a powerful built-in AES-NI hardware encryption engine, DS918+ provides exceptional encrypted file transmission. Also capable of transcoding up to two channels of H.265/H.264 4K videos at the same time, DS918+ is ideal for sharing and storing ultra-high definition media content.
Satisfy your need for performance and capacity
DS918+ supports up to two M.2 NVMe 2280 SSDs, allowing fast system cache creation without occupying internal drive bays. Scalable up to 9 drives with a Synology Expansion Unit DX517, DS918+ answers the need for flexible storage capacity.
Btrfs: Next-generation file system for better data protection
The Btrfs file system introduces advanced storage technologies and optimized snapshots to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead. While ensuring high-level data integrity, it also offers flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
- Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on user accounts and shared folders
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
- File- or folder-level data restoration accelerates data recovery, providing more flexibility for businesses
- Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
Digital asset protection
Powered by Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), Synology NAS offers advanced security measures to protect against sudden data loss and potential security holes.
- Security Advisor
Analyzes system settings, password strength, network preferences, and removes any possible malware.
A kernel-level enhancement that blocks malicious programs from accessing unauthorized system resources.
- AES 256-bit encryption
Encrypt shared folders and network data transmission to keep data from unauthorized access.
- 2-step verification
Prevent others from logging in to your DSM by generating a one-time password (OTP) on your mobile device.
- Trust Level
Customize the trust level in Package Center to avoid installing packages from untrusted sources, safeguarding your NAS from unknown or tampered package files.
Synchronize files across your devices
Cloud Station Suite provides real-time data synchronization across all your devices, such as computers, mobile devices, and other Synology NAS whenever a file is modified. "Intelliversioning" keeps the most important file versions to better utilize storage space.
Cloud Station Sharesync
Cloud Station Drive
Cloud Station Server
4K Multimedia Server
Access and stream your 4K media content anytime and anywhere. DS918+ supports 4K H.264/H.265 online transcoding via Video Station and DS video, allowing 4K videos to be converted and played on the fly on other computers, smartphones, and media players that originally do not support Ultra HD formats.
Powered by Synology DSM
Complete surveillance solution for recording, monitoring, and management.
Synology Office, Calendar and Chat guarantee a secure and high-performance private communication and user-friendly content organization.
Save additional investment by integrating various network services, web/mail services, management applications into your NAS.
Award-winning operating system with an intuitive user interface and powerful capabilities.
Simplified backup solution for your Mac, PC, and mobile devices.
Comprehensive built-in security tools are constantly updated to tackle evolving threats and protect your devices.
- Status indicator
- Drive status indicator
- Drive tray lock
- USB 3.0 port
- Power button and indicator
- Drive tray
- 1GbE RJ-45 port
- Reset button
- eSATA port
- Power port
- Kensington Security Slot
- USB 3.0 port
- M.2 NVMe SSD slot (bottom side)
|CPU Model||Intel Celeron J3455|
|CPU Frequency||Quad Core 1.5 burst up to 2.3 GHz|
|Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)|
|Hardware Transcoding Engine||H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-2 and VC-1; maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160); maximum frame rate per second (FPS): 30|
|System Memory||4 GB DDR3L|
|Memory Module Pre-installed||4GB (1 x 4GB)|
|Total Memory Slots||2|
|Memory Expandable up to||8 GB (4 GB x 2)|
|Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit||9|
|M.2 Drive Slots||2|
|Compatible Drive Type||
|Maximum Internal Raw Capacity||40 TB (10 TB HDD x 4) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units||90 TB (10 TB drive x 9) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Maximum Single Volume Size||108 TB|
|RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port||2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)|
|USB 3.0 Port||2|
|Size (Height X Width X Depth)||166 mm x 199 mm x 223 mm|
|System Fan||92 mm x 92 mm x 2 pcs|
|Fan Speed Mode||
|Brightness adjustable front LED indicators|
|Noise Level||19.8 dB(A)|
|Scheduled Power On/Off|
|Wake on LAN/WAN|
|Power Supply Unit / Adapter||100W|
|AC Input Power Voltage||100V to 240V AC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz, Single Phase|
|Power Consumption||28.8 W (Access)
12.6 W (HDD Hibernation)
|British Thermal Unit||98.27 BTU/hr (Access)
42.99 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Notes||Power consumption is measured when fully loaded with Western Digital 1TB WD10EFRX hard drive(s).|
|General DSM Specifications:|
|Networking protocol||SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN , L2TP)|
|Supported RAID type||Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR), Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10|
|File sharing capability||
|Privilege||Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege|
|Directory service||Windows AD Integration: Domain Users login via Samba (CIFS)/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration|
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix, OpenStack|
|Security||Firewall, encrypted shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, rsync over SSH, login auto block, Let's Encrypt support, HTTPS (Customizable cipher suite)|
|Supported client||Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X 10.11 onwards|
|Supported browser||Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer: 10 onwards, Safari 10 onwards, Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android 6.0 onwards)|
|Language||English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar, Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český|
|Packages and Applications:|
|File Station||Virtual drive, remote folder, Windows ACL editor, compress/extract archived files, bandwidth control for specific users or groups, create sharing links, transfer logs|
|FTP Server||Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocols, boot over the network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs|
|Universal Search||Offer global search into applications and files|
|Hyper Backup||Support local backup, network backup, and backup data to public clouds|
|Active Backup for Server||Centralize data backup for Windows and Linux servers without client installation|
|Backup tools||DSM configuration backup, macOS Time Machine support, Cloud Station Backup
Shared folder sync - maximum tasks: 8
|Cloud Station Suite||Sync data between multiple platforms by installing the client utilities on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS devices, while retaining up to 32 historical versions of files
Maximum concurrent file transfers: 1,000
|Cloud Sync||One or two-way synchronization with public cloud storage providers including Amazon Drive, Amazon S3-compatible storage, Baidu cloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, MegaDisk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStack Swift-compatible storage, WebDAV servers, Yandex Disk|
|Surveillance Station||Maximum IP cameras: 40 (total of 1,200 FPS at 720p, H.264) (includes two free camera licenses; additional cameras require the purchasing of additional licenses)|
|Virtual Machine Manager||Deploy and run various virtual machines on Synology NAS, including Windows, Linux, or Virtual DSM|
|High Availability Manager||Reduce service downtime by setting up two identical NAS into one high-availability cluster|
|Active Directory Server||A flexible and cost-effective domain controller solution|
|VPN Server||Maximum connections: 20, supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec|
|MailPlus Server||Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with high-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (Includes 5 free email account licenses; additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)|
|MailPlus||Intuitive webmail interface for MailPlus Server, customizable mail labels, filters, and user interface|
|Note Station||Rich-text note organization with versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding and attachments|
|Storage Analyzer||Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, largest/most/least frequently modified files|
|Antivirus Essential||Full system scan, scheduled scan, white list customization, virus definition auto update|
|Download Station||Supported download protocols: BT, HTTP, FTP, NZB, eMule, Thunder, FlashGet, QQDL
Maximum concurrent download tasks: 80
|Web Station||Virtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MariaDB, 3rd-party applications support|
|Other packages||Video Station, Photo Station, Audio Station, DNS Server, RADIUS Server, iTunes Server, Log Center, additional 3rd-party packages are available on Package Center|
|iOS/Android applications||DS audio, DS cam, DS cloud, DS file, DS finder, DS get, DS note, DS photo, DS video, MailPlus|
|Windows Phone applications||DS audio, DS file, DS finder, DS get, DS photo, DS video|
|Environment & Packaging:|
*Model specifications are subject to change without notice. Please refer to www.synology.com for the latest information.
1 Performance figures may vary depending on environment, usage and configuration.
2 DS918+ supports one Synology DX517, sold separately.
3 DS918+ can transcode 4K video to 1080p or lower. The maximum number of concurrent video transcoding channels supported may vary depending on the video codec, resolution, bitrate and FPS.
4 exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.
Synology strives to enhance the performance of our NAS with every software update, even long after a product is launched. For enterprises and users that demand uncompromising performance from their servers, check the figures below to find the most suitable choice.
1GbE SMB - Sequential Throughput (64KB)
1GbE SMB - Sequential Throughput via Encrypted Shared Folder (64KB)
1GbE SMB - Windows File Transfer (3GB file x 1)
1GbE SMB - Windows File Transfer (1MB file x 3000)
1GbE SMB - Windows File Transfer via Encrypted Shared Folder (3GB file x 1)
1GbE SMB - Windows File Transfer via Encrypted Shared Folder (1MB file x 3000)
1GbE AFP - Mac File Transfer (3GB file x 1)
1GbE AFP - Mac File Transfer (1MB file x 3000)
1GbE Web Server - HTML Response Efficiency
|Responses per second||52010.11||3333.06||63488.82||23824.99||39699.81||23430.09||18668.92|
1GbE Web Server - PHP Response Efficiency
|Responses per second||10934.26||5996.57||13690.33||8874.15||8457.31||5585.42||3317|
- Operating System: DSM 6.1
- Volume Type: RAID 5 (4 bay), RAID 1 (2 bay), Basic (1 bay)
- DS416slim: Fully loaded with Intel 535 Series 240GB SSDSC2BW240H6 SSD
- Other models: Fully loaded with Seagate ST6000VN0001 6TB HDD
- File System:
- [1-bay] DS116, DS115j
- [2-bay] RS217, DS216, DS216play, DS216j, DS216se
- [4-bay] RS816, DS418, DS418j, DS416slim
- [2-bay] DS718+, DS218+
- [4-bay] RS815(RP)+, DS918+, DS418play
- 1GbE Network Environments:
- For models with single 1GbE LAN port: MTU 1500; connected to 1 client PC via HP 2530-48G switch
- For models with multiple 1GbE LAN ports: Link Aggregation is enabled for Sequential Throughput tests; MTU 1500; connected to client PCs via HP 2530-48G switch
- 1GbE SMB Network Environments:
- For NAS models with single 1GbE LAN port: Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz; 32GB DDR3-1866; RAMdisk with 14GB source partition and 14GB target partition; Intel Gigabit CT; MTU 1500; Windows 7 64-bit
- For NAS models with multiple 1GbE LAN ports: Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz; 4GB DDR3-1600; Intel 520 (120GB) SSD x 2; striped volume; Intel Gigabit CT; MTU 1500; Windows 7 64-bit
- IOMeter setting for Sequential Throughput tests: Continuously read from/write to a single 8GB file for 3 minutes; Block size: 64KB
- 1GbE Web Server Network Environment:
- Intel Core i7-6700 3.40GHz; 16GB DDR4-2133; Intel Gigabit CT; MTU 1500; Ubuntu 16.04
- (html) wrk -t 8 -c [10-250] -d 60s -H "Host: benchmark" http://DS_IP/index.html
- (php) wrk -t 8 -c [10-250] -d 60s -H "Host: benchmark"http://DS_IP/echo.php
- 1GbE AFP Network Environment: Mac Mini; 2.3GHz 4 core Intel Core i7; 16GB DDR3-1600; RAMdisk with 7GB source partition and 4GB target partition; MTU 1500; OSX 10.9
- Performance figures are achieved in the Synology lab by using very powerful client computers with optimized network settings, and could vary in different environments. Regular office desktop or notebook computers may not be able to reproduce these figures.
Download the Synology DiskStation DS918+ Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $690.00