Solutions for Backup, Storage and File Management
Now with a Synology server along with third-party backup software, such as BackupEdge by Microlite, a regular operator can backup Linux/Unix computers to a high-performance, reliable storage for their secure data archiving and disaster recovery
Benefits of Synology Linux/Unix Backup Solutions
- Easy to Setup and Automate: No scripts needed
- Affordable Solution: Integrates into your existing network
- Peace of Mind: Email notifications & health monitoring for backups
- Value: Get more for your money with Synology solutions right "out of the box"
For a Linux/Unix environment, while most administrators have the knowledge and experience to operate the computer via scripts and command line to backup their data, it often requires a highly skilled individual to perform the tasks of Linux/Unix data backup. This task is difficult to delegate to less-skilled employees. Now with a Synology server along with third-party backup software, such as BackupEdge by Microlite, a regular operator can backup Linux/Unix computers to a high-performance, reliable storage for their secure data archiving and disaster recovery.
- Easy accessibility with mixed Linux/Unix Environments: Synology systems support an assortment of common protocols for Linux/Unix environments, such as the traditional NFS, the widely-used FTP, or the common Samba Protocol. With an assortment of protocols to choose from, backing up to the Synology system from a Linux/Unix computer is a snap.
- Easy to maintain and expand: Synology Systems are based with the open standard of Linux. Administrators are able to create their own scripts for their needs for administrating data. Adhering to the Linux Open File System standard brings an additional level of confidence. Data can be easily migrated directly to Linux systems in the most urgent of scenarios.
- Meets the demanding tasks of backup with ease: With Synology's high performing systems, such as the DS508, executing a backup will be concluded quicker.
- Increased productivity with Synology's AJAX UI: With DiskStation Manager, administrators and operators alike are welcomed to an Easy-to-use GUI, similar to X-Windows. Using this interface increases productivity, as manipulating configuration files are done in seconds, instead of many minutes via the traditional command line interface.
- Increased reliability with Redundant RAID levels and Auto Notifications: Even if two disks fail within a RAID-6 environment, the Synology Server is still fully capable of serving the data onto the network. Along with RAID functions, administrators will receive an automated email notification, denoting a Hard Drive has failed. Thus an administrator can take the appropriate action before permanent data damage occurs. This important benefit is often missing from regular PCs.
- Abundant selection of compatible Backup Software: For example, with Microlite's BackupEdge, backing up from a Linux/Unix system to a reliable storage cannot be easier. With the ability of backing up the entire system, user generated content, or only system generated content, backing up from Linux/Unix system is effortless.
Synology systems offer true flexibility and compatibility to meet Linux administrators of new or seasoned with experience. Supporting a diverse set of network protocols, a wide selection of backup software, Synology's Auto-notification, Synology systems represent the ideal reliable, high-performance storage solution for Linux/Unix backup.